الجمعة، 24 سبتمبر 2010

Your mixed breed dog is..........

So we did a genetic test on a dog at our clinic because the owners were curious to see what their dog was made up of. She is a medium sized brindle colored dog that has the body type of a border collie. She has a feathered coat. They were told she was a golden lab mix.

Her results came back as follows: 25% Golden Retriever, 25% Alaskan Malamute, 25% Finish Spitz, and 25% Yorkshire Terrier. So what I want to know is, where does the brindle come from? Which one of these dogs has a breed in its' ancestral history that might have had that color gene in it?

My only guess is the spitz because Pomeranians are also a spitz and they have brindle in the gene pool.

http://www.americanpomeranianclub.org/colors/brindle.htm

But that may be a simplistic view. I admit I know nothing about colors when it comes to genetics. One wonders a little about the validity of the test. It's just hard to imagine that specific combination running around breeding.

Any other ideas or thoughts? I wish I had a photo to share.

ليست هناك تعليقات:

إرسال تعليق